Extended indication Extension of Indication to include 1st line treatment of locally advanced or metastatic non-small ce
Therapeutic value No judgement
Registration phase No registration expected

Product

Active substance Pembrolizumab
Domain Oncology and Hematology
Reason of inclusion Indication extension
Main indication Lung cancer
Extended indication Extension of Indication to include 1st line treatment of locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer tumours expressing PD-L1 with a ≥ 1% tumour proportion score (TPS).
Proprietary name Keytruda
Manufacturer MSD
Mechanism of action PD-1 / PD-L1 inhibitor
Route of administration Intravenous
Therapeutical formulation Intravenous drip
Budgetting framework Intermural (MSZ)
Additional comments Anti-PD-1

Registration

Registration route Centralised (EMA)
Type of trajectory Normal trajectory
Submission date July 2018
Orphan drug No
Registration phase No registration expected
Additional comments Monotherapie, met een PD-L1 expressie >1%. De CHMP heeft in april 2020 aangegeven dat deze indicatie uitbreiding niet geregistreerd zal worden, wel zal de data uit de studie naar deze indicatie uitbreiding aan de EPAR toegevoegd worden.

Therapeutic value

Current treatment options Pembrolizumab in combinatie met chemotherapie.
Therapeutic value No judgement
Substantiation Aangezien de patiënten in de eerste lijn vooral pembrolizumab in combinatie met chemotherapie zullen ontvangen verwacht de werkgroep dat de meerwaarde van deze behandeling beperkt zal zijn.
Frequency of administration 1 times every 3 weeks
Dosage per administration 200 mg
References SmPC

Expected patient volume per year

References Expertopinie
Additional comments Pembrolizumab als monotherapie in de eerste lijn bij een PD-L1-expressie van >1% zal naar verwachting slechts bij uitzondering bij een klein patiëntaantal worden ingezet. Patiënten met een PD-L1 expressie van 1%-49% zullen sowieso pembrolizumab in combinatie met chemotherapie krijgen en patiënten met >50% waarschijnlijk ook.

Expected cost per patient per year

Cost < 90,000.00
References G-standaard
Additional comments Voor alle indicatie van pembrolizumab geldt een financieel arrangement dat is voortgekomen uit de onderhandelingen in de sluis. AIP per november 2017: €2.624,38 per injectieflacon 25MG/ML FL 4ML (oplossing). Uitgaande van een behandeling van 1 x per 3 weken 200 mg voor 12 maanden zou dat gaan om maximaal €90.000 per patiënt per jaar.

Potential total cost per year

There is currently nothing known about the possible total cost.

Off label use

Off label use No
References Fabrikant

Indication extension

Indication extension Yes
Indication extensions Indicatie uitbreidingen worden weergegeven in de Horizonscan (Maagkanker, Hoofd- en halskanker, huidkanker, Borstkanker, etc)
References Fabrikant en Horizonscan

Other information

There is currently no futher information available.